Guidance and Counseling
Marin Catholic's CEEB Code: 0 5 3 2 1 5
Guidance and Counseling Program and Mission
The guidance and college-counseling program is an essential part of the total educational process at Marin Catholic. The counselors are committed to the education of the whole person. We work to enhance the personal, social, spiritual, educational, and career growth of each student. We recognize students need a developmental approach to learning and life skill experiences. Therefore, we view school counseling as developmental in nature, building upon previously learned skills.
The program’s mission is to provide academic and personal support services that will assist each student to develop the highest degree of personal responsibility and growth. Emphasis is placed on academic preparation and course scheduling; decision-making; social development; and especially on the college search, selection, and application process.
The Therapeutic Counselor provides educational programs and events for students and parents in the areas of drug/alcohol use and abuse, family communication, short-term therapeutic counseling, and other areas that pertain to adolescent health and wellness.
COUNSELING DEPARTMENT FUNCTIONS
· College and Career Counseling
· Academic and Personal Counseling
· Educational and Psychological Testing referrals (coordinated with the ASC)
· Referrals for Individual and Family Therapy (coordinated with the Therapeutic Counselor)
· Assessment of Students At-Risk (coordinated with the ASC and/or Therapeutic Counselor)
· Alcohol and Drug Prevention Education and Intervention
· Parent Education Seminars
· Facilitation of Parent-Teacher Conferences
· Job Board
· College Night for Seniors
· College Night for Juniors
· Financial Aid Information Night for Seniors and Juniors
· Sophomore Academic Planning Night
· Case Studies Night
PROGRAMS COORDINATED AND ADMINISTERED BY THE COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
· PLAN (Grade 10)
· PSAT/NMSQT (Grade 11)
· Family Connection College Guidance Software
· Advanced Placement Tests (AP Tests)
The Department uses Family Connection to display all of our most current information and processes. During the first quarter of a student’s first year at Marin Catholic, both students and parents are given logon information to access Family Connection.
For those who already have a Family Connection login, you can link
directly to the site here:
Marin Catholic's CEEB Code: 0 5 3 2 1 5College representatives wishing to schedule a visit to the school should contact Ms. Kristie Moore-Arauz.
Guidance and College Counseling Department Members:
Ms. Kristie Moore-Arauz, Director
(email@example.com, (415) 464-3831)
- Ms. Nancy Cook, Guidance and College Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 464-3833)
- Mr. Michael Costello, Guidance and College Counselor (email@example.com) (415) 464-3834
- Ms. Rosella Piazza, Guidance and College Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org), (415) 464-3835)
- Mr. Andy Van Horn, Guidance and College Counselor (email@example.com), (415) 464-3870
- Ms. Lisa Ingels, Therapeutic Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 464- 3832)