Marin Catholic is a co-educational, college preparatory school committed to the development of the whole person. We strive to admit students who demonstrate the ability to succeed academically and who demonstrate a desire to participate in the extra-curricular activities of the school community. Acceptances are based on the following criteria:
- Completed application. The application should be submitted online on or before the priority filing date, Friday, December 4, 2020.
- Seventh and eighth-grade transcripts. Transcripts should indicate that the student is working successfully in their current studies and that their academic profile indicates they can be successful in our college prep curriculum. Marin Catholic seeks to admit students who are positive contributors to their class and school communities through good marks and transcript notes by their teachers regarding their attitude, discipline, and effort.
- Positive academic and personal recommendations. Letters of recommendation are useful to understand more about each prospective student and should be sent from the middle school.
Parochial school students - These forms will be handled by the current school the student attends and should be submitted to the Admissions Office by January 29, 2021.
Private and public school students
- These forms will be emailed by the applicant to the teacher and counselor or administrator applicants have specified through the application portal. Instructions for this process will be outlined when a student application account is created. The due date for recommendations from private and public school applicants is January 29.Optional Clergy Recommendation Form
- Click Here
- Entrance Exam. Results of the Scholastic Testing Service’s High School Placement Test (HSPT) are used for admissions, as well as to place students in the appropriate course of study. Results must demonstrate that the student is able to meet the school's academic expectations. This exam is mandatory for all applicants to Marin Catholic. The HSPT entrance exam will be offered the morning of January 9, 2021. Some students, whose HSPT exam results indicate significant areas of weakness, will be required to attend a five-week summer school program as a condition of their admission to Marin Catholic. This summer school program typically begins mid-June.
- Transcripts. Transcripts will be requested by Marin Catholic. The transcript release form is included in the application.