Marin Catholic is a co-educational, college preparatory school committed to the development of the whole person. We strive to admit students who demonstrate the ability to succeed academically and who demonstrate a desire to participate in the religious and extra-curricular activities of the school community. Acceptances are based on the following criteria:
- Completed Application. The application should be submitted online on or before the priority filing date, Friday, December 2, 2016.
- Seventh and eighth grade transcripts. We require transcripts that indicate the student is working successfully in their current studies and that their academic profile indicates they can be successful in our college prep curriculum. We are seeking to admit students who are positive contributors to their class and school communities through good marks or comments regarding attitude, discipline and effort.
- Positive academic and personal recommendations from the middle school.
Parochial school students - These forms will be handled by your school and will be turned into the admissions office by February 2, 2017.
Private and Public School Students - These forms will be sent to the teacher and counselor or administrator of your choice by you through our application portal (you will be given instructions on how to do this, once you create an account for an application). Once the recommendation form is complete, your teacher will be prompted to submit it and it will be directly uploaded to your file.
- Entrance Exam. Results of the Scholastic Testing Service High School Placement Test (HSPT) are used for admissions as well as to place students in the appropriate course of study. Results must demonstrate that the student is able to meet the school's academic expectations. This exam is mandatory for all applicants to Marin Catholic. It is offered on January 14. Some students, whose HSPT exam results indicate significant areas of weakness will be required to attend a five-week summer school program as a condition of their admission to Marin Catholic. This summer school program typically begins mid June.
- Interview. The applicant and parent(s) will be interviewed to determine, among other things, their willingness to support our mission and their interest in joining the Marin Catholic community.