● Advise and assist students as they encounter potential academic obstacles.
● Explain individual learning profiles
● Collaborate with classroom teachers to discuss the individual needs of ASC students.
● Give instruction in study skills, independent learning strategies, and self advocacy
● Provide guidance with long-term projects
● Allow opportunities to study in groups and collaborate with other students
● Proctor tests and exams with extended time
● Assist in obtaining extended time for standardized testing
● Assist in researching support services at the college level
● Provide referrals for psycho-educational testing
● In order for students to receive services, psychological evaluations must be up to date; meaning, administered within the past three years. Students who do not have up-to-date evaluations will not be provided with accommodation plans or assistance from the ASC.